AdBrite

Your Ad Here

AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Doug Williams before he won a" Superbowl "He was A "Outlaw"












Am going to tell you a story about my Father and myself.
When I was a young boy, ( I was 13 ), my dad took me to my first football game.
I remember like it was last week . Am 35 now. I was thinking about it because, I was going through some my old things at my house. And I ran across , a team photo of the " Oklahoma Outlaws ". The year was 1984. My dad and I, went to Tulsa , it us about a hour and half to get there.
We lived in Oklahoma City , and we stopped to pick up one of my dads friends. Dad asked him if he wanted to go.
So we got there at the game , and walked up to the gates , I felt such a rush. Am really here watching a game with my dad. Not just any football game. It was the" Oklahoma Outlaws".

Now I know this was not the NFL , yet, the USFL , could have been as large as the NFL.

The Outlaws Quarterback , was Doug Williams. Yeah, that is right. Doug Williams.
Before Williams , won a Superbowl , for the Redskins , he was our Quaterback. We won that game that day. And the drive back home, it rained the whole drive back home. Man it rained so hard it flooded , Tulsa , and part of Oklahoma City.
But , I enjoyed more than the game. Was spending the day with my dad. It just brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.
My dad passed away on Christmas , 2000. 16 years after that game.
Alot has changed between then and that Christmas. The USFL, is gone and all the good and great players went to the NFL. And my Father is pasted away.
Looking back on it, 7 years later after my fathers passing. It is now 2007, and I want say , that was one of my best times of my life. Because I spent it with my Dad.
Love ya Dad, I miss you.
Nuff Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to thank every reader, every single, person that visits " Lummpy's Sports World ".
I would love to hear all of your thoughts on the posts on Lummpy's Sports World. Good or bad, even so so.
I want read what you have to say. Feel free to write me a E mail, at LunsfordMD@gmail.com.